Summer conjures up memories of cookouts, swimming pools, lemonade and fireflies......so, why not get the buyer that will be previewing your home in the right frame of mind?
- Be sure you have some "punched up" flower power for when the buyer first shows up! Whether it be some fresh new plantings around the mailbox or some bright potted flowers on the porch you just can't ignore the visual of flowers!
- Is your doormat fresh and clean? If you have one that indicates you have pets - remove it. Instead, opt for a crisp, clean straw mat in perhaps a summer color that coordinates well with other attributes of your exterior. (shutter colors, front door color, etc)
- Open all the blinds so that buyers have a clear view of the front and back yards. Let the sun shine in! (don't forget to clean your windows!)
- Make sure your air conditioner is set to a very cool temperature!
- If you have scents in your home you may want to go for a summer scent such as a citrus smell, a crisp herb smell such as basil or even a light honeysuckle scent.
- Offering a light snack? Many sellers do! If so, opt for a lighter snack such as a lemon cookie (instead of chocolate chip) and some small bottled waters or a pitcher of lemonade! Don't forget to offer some napkins as well!
- Show off your deck and grilling area! If you have a table on your deck be sure to have the umbrella opened and the table staged. Yes, stage the table on the deck! Outdoor serverware is perfect for getting the buyer to visualize what it might be like to sit on the deck and have a late summer afternoon dinner.
- Have a large yard? Show it off! You may want to consider a soccer net or a Bocce Ball area.
- Do swimming pool? If so, make sure it is crystal clear and stage the decking area with clean and well maintained chairs!
- Choose your music wisely. It's always wonderful to have soft music playing in the background when your home is being shown. Light jazz or blues is always a safe choice!
To keep up with all the latest on the Wake Forest NC Real Estate Market you just can't miss my Facebook Fan Page - Wake Forest NC House Chick!