You Need A Team! Yes, a TEAM to help you purchase your new home. Who does your Team consist of?
- YOUR AGENT! And by YOUR agent I mean a Buyer's Agent. A Buyer's Agent will be an incredible asset and advocate and most times can offer "inside scoop" information on many of the areas local developments, etc
- Your Lender - You need to choose a financial lender that YOU are comfortable with. Each bank is different so it is important that you ask questions of several lenders before deciding which one is right for you.
- Your Attorney* - Your agent will be able to recommend several attorneys for you and you should speak with several before making a decision on which one will represent you in this most important transaction. *North Carolina is a Closing Attorney state. Our closings are NOT handled by Escrow or Title Companies. While this post is addressed to everyone I can only speak from a North Carolina perspective - things may be different in your state.
- Your Inspector - Your home inspector is a CRUCIAL member of your team! While Home Inspections are optional it is best to spend that few hundred dollars to catch any defects in a home that could cost thousands of dollars if gone un-noticed. Ask your agent to recommend a few home inspectors - it is SO worth it!
- Price Range - This is where your Lender comes into play! A lender will be able to get an in-depth view of your financial picture and help you to discover what you can reasonably afford. It is imperative that you speak with a lender PRIOR to previewing homes so as NOT to spend valuable time going in the wrong direction.
- Make a List of Wants and Needs - Sit down and make a list of Wants - those things that you think would be nice to have in your new home. You don't NEED them but you would LIKE them. Then make a list of your Needs - those are your absolute musts such as 3 bedrooms, 1st Floor Master, etc.
- Research your Local Real Estate Market - Have your Buyer's agent provide you with local listings, market reports, local community information and more. This is the best way to get familiar with a particular area and narrow down your desired areas/
If you do happen to be looking for homes for sale in Wake Forest NC I would love to be your Buyer's Agent. Feel free to call me at 919-649-6128 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 919-649-6128 end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 919-649-6128 end_of_the_skype_highlighting or simply send me an email! I am available to answer any questions that you may have about buying a home, the local Wake Forest NC Real Estate Market and any subdivisions or homes that you may want information. I look forward to hearing from you!