Historic Downtown Wake Forest NC is quite a draw for many wanting to recapture the feel of the small southern town from days gone by. Whether you are wanting to while away the afternoon window shopping in the many specialty shops, sip a hand-crafted coffee, sample some fresh made Italian gelato or seek that perfect gift there is definitely a place for you in Historic Downtown Wake Forest NC!
Here are just a few of the great restaurants you can find.
- Backfins Crabhouse - 110 S. White Street (AWESOME CRAB LEGS! Ask my son - his favorite food and he loves it there!)
- Olde English Tea Room - 219 S. White Street (Oh my, most incredible collection of teas and simply delicious food! Perfect for lunch!)
- Shorty's Famous Hotdogs - 214 S. White Street (Well, they are FAMOUS! Best hotdog you'll find!)
- Over The Falls Deli - 419 S. Brooks Street (NEW LOCATION!) Wish i could pick a favorite from here - just can't - it's ALL GOOD! But, if I had to recommend a sandwich? Prospect Point!
- LaForesta Italian Cafe & Pizzeria - 203 S. Brooks Street (Oh my - MY FAVORITE! Been here for special occasions, cocktails and appetizers with the girls and on the fly lunches - DELISH!)
- Las Margaritas - 111 s. White Street (One of the BEST Mexican restaurants we have found!)
- Wake Forest Coffee Company - 156 S. White Street (What can I say - the staff here are true artisans with the bean! I can say, hands down, some of the best coffee I have ever had. And the concoctions they come up with? Delicious and creative.)
- Wake Forest Farmers Market - Municipal Parking Lot (Yummy homemade treats every Saturday from 8am - noon. Fresh from the farm produce and always something a little different to find each week.)
Over 30 shoppes can be found to entice you in and they offer up some of the most unique and creative gifts. Still want to know more? Here are a few that I have collected that I would highly recommend:
- Cotton Company - 525 S. White Street (A cornucopia of booths inside an old mill that houses artist galleries, jewelers, specialty items and just a fun place to spend the afternoon!)
- For Old Times Sake - 223 S. White Street (Treasures galore! Antiques and hard to find items)
- Twisted Vine - 156 S. White Street (An incredible selection of wines, wine tastings and great gifts!)
- Old Magnolia Trading Co. - 206 S. White Street (When I haven't had luck in other stores finding a special gift I always have success here!)
- Next Consignment Boutique - 210 S. White Street (Extraordinary consignment shop with top brand names! True finds to be found!)
- NC Specialty Shops - 150 S. White Street (Great selection of NC hand-crafted foods and gifts)
- Storyteller's Bookstore - 158 S White Street (NEW LOCATION!) Extensive collection of books! Poetry workshops, storytelling and little something for everyone.
- Wake Forest Florist - 536 S. White Street (Gorgeous fresh flowers from simply bouquets to extravagant arrangements)
- Red Door Interiors - 221 S. White Street (Wonderful selection of home decor items and very impressive collection of Vera Bradley!)
And for the not so traditional shopping experience be sure to check out the Art Galleries! It makes me smile everyday to walk downtown Wake Forest NC and see all the art - this is truly a creative community! Some must sees are:
- Sunflower Studio - 214 E. Jones (Art classes for all ages! This is a MUST drop by during Art After Hours each month!)
- Cotton Company Gallery - 525 S. White Street (Some of the most amazing local artists can be found here!)
- Wake Forest Portrait Shoppe - 112 E. Roosevelt Avenue (THE place to go for wedding portraits! They have work displayed in the windows and it is simply breathtaking! Family portraits, Kids, Pets, you name it they'll get it on film!)