Progress is being made for the 1.5 mile extension of Hwy 98 from US1 to Thompson Mill Road. A few of the highlights of this project are:
- This project is 1.55 miles in length.
- Work involving lane closures, narrowing lanes, and/or stopping traffic will not be permitted between 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- This project will include a re-alignment of Falls of the Neuse Rd and Old N.C. 98.
- A new intersection will be constructed with Old N.C. 98.
- This project will tie in with N.C. 98 just west of Thompson Mill Rd.
- Wakefield Plantation Drive: A new connection to the Bypass will be constructed away from traffic.
For specific lane closures please see the Construction Fact Sheet provided by the NCDOT.
Rocky shucking going on.....