Monday, July 9, 2007

Atomic Ranch? New dressing or funky diggs?

So, I meet this great couple from Massachusetts and they start inquiring about "atomic ranches". They also used terms such as borax - huh? It was a new one to me but like all things placed before me I had to run out and learn what this craze was all about! Barnes & Nobles was a great place to start. There are a few magazines specifically dedicated to this trend. FYI, here is one: Atomic Ranch

Pretty darn cool! The term references homes built in the atomic age. You know the ones.....many times the brick ranches, split-level homes and the like all built in from the 1940's - late 1960's. There seems to be quite a sub-culture, which is now going mainstream, of collectors that purchase the homes, remodel and period decorate. While I was skeptical at first it was amazing to see all of the homes that are being scooped up specifically for that. Don't get me wrong, I am used to the historic homes being updated but this was new. See, you can teach an old oyster new things!!!!
I'll keep you updated on my clients progress and hopefully will be able to get some pictures along the way. It will be interesting to see the before, during and after.......
Shuck on......

No comments:

A Walk Through Historic Wake Forest, NC